This policy provides valuable information related to the following topics:
- How BOQ is Protecting the Privacy of Personal Information
- The types of Personal Information BOQ Collects
- How BOQ Collects Personal Information
- How BOQ Updates Personal Information And Your Right Of Access
- How BOQ Uses Personal Information
- On-line Security
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Use, Choice and Acceptance
- Contact Information
We are very serious about protecting the privacy of customer information. We maintain safeguards that comply with mandated standards for storing and securing confidential information. The safeguards utilized are an aggregation of physical, electronic, and procedural controls. These safeguards protect information against unauthorized access, alteration and destruction. For example, we have security procedures in place that limit access to information to only those people who need access to perform the authorized scope of work.
We enter into agreements with suppliers to provide services to us or to make products and services available directly to you. These agreements allow them to receive information about you, but only as long as these suppliers are able to maintain applicable compliance. Additionally, these agreements state that they must safeguard this information and use it only to the extent needed to provide those services specifically authorized by or for you and for no other purposes.
In the course of providing services to you, we obtain a variety of personal information. The most sensitive information may include:
- Social Security Numbers (national tax identification numbers)
- Wage Information
- Credit Card Information
We do not seek to collect personal information from children under the age of 18. We believe that children under the age of 18 should obtain permission from their parents before providing any personal information to us via this website. Again, BOQ and its authorized suppliers will ONLY utilize that amount of personal information that is required to provide you with our services. As part of its operating practices, BOQ formally obtains your consent about disclosing your personal information. As stated above, in maintaining the controlled use of this information as described in this Policy, BOQ complies with applicable data protection laws.
Your employer may provide us with personal information about you and your dependents who are eligible to receive employer-approved temporary housing benefits. Personal information includes: names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and benefit eligibility instructions. We supplement this information by communicating directly with you in an effort to customize services to meet your needs. We may also receive personal information from suppliers who assist us in providing services to you and your dependents. We offer you choices with respect to the use and disclosure of your personal information, while drawing to your attention the limitations this may place on BOQ and suppliers in terms of provision of services to you.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect additional personal and non-personal information. This information relates primarily to your computer system (i.e., internet address, search engine, browser software, etc.). We also monitor your usage of our site. This information is used to make improvements to site content, to improve services offered to you through this site, and ensure the security of the system.
We use reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy and timeliness of personal information used in our business. We periodically update this information based upon input provided by you, your employer and suppliers. You are entitled to verify the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you (by contacting Weichert’s Data Protection Officer, Chris Shull) and to have the personal information corrected, amended or deleted where it is inaccurate or processed in violation of our obligations under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We share your personal information with our employees, our affiliates and our network of suppliers in order to deliver the temporary housing services that we have been engaged to provide. Information that we share with our employees is distributed strictly on a need-to-know basis. We will provide personal information to our affiliates if you, or your employer, have selected them as the supplier-of-choice. Personal information will be shared with external suppliers who are assisting us in providing services to you. We require these suppliers to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and to limit their use of such information to delivery of the requested services. We also exchange personal information with your employer to enable them to monitor our performance and to update their employee records.
On occasion, we may be required to share your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
BOQ and its affiliates will never sell or lease your personal information to any third party. BOQ is not a consumer reporting agency. Therefore, we will not furnish any of your personal credit information to any third party or any consumer reporting agency. In addition, we will not use your personal information to make decisions about granting, or extending, credit to you unless you provide written authorization that BOQ and its affiliates can use or disclose the information for this purpose.
BOQ also follows guidelines as to the proper storage, retention, and permitted destruction of personal information.
- Additionally, if your personal information is provided to us from the EU or Switzerland, you should be aware that as a result of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, which BOQ has committed to:
- You may bring a written complaint directly to BOQ and BOQ must respond to you within 45 days thereafter.
- You are entitled, at no cost to you, to have any concerns or complaints that have not been resolved to your satisfaction by BOQ to be reviewed by an independent professional third party administrator, the American Arbitration Association/International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
- If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland and we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve your question or complaint regarding our privacy practices, you may raise your concern to the attention of your data protection authorities (“DPAs”). The DPAs will establish a panel to investigate and resolve complaints brought under the Privacy Shield and BOQ will cooperate with this panel. Furthermore, BOQ will comply with the advice given by data protection authorities and take necessary steps to remediate any non-compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
- BOQ will also cooperate directly with EU or Swiss data protection authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU or Switzerland which relates to BOQ’s own employees.
- You may also be entitled to invoke binding arbitration.
- BOQ will meet its liabilities, arising under the Privacy Shield, in relation to any transfers of your personal information to its suppliers or sub-contractors.
- Your personal information is protected under the Privacy Shield as set out in more detail in the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website: https://www.privacyshield.gov.
- If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants you several rights concerning your personal information, including the right to exercise an:
- Abbreviated Right to Know;
- Expanded Right to Know;
- Right to Know about Sale or Sharing for a Business Purpose [Note: we never sell your personal information];
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale for Adults 16 and over [Note: we never sell your personal information];
- Right to Opt-in to Sale for kids under the age of 16 [Note: we never collect personal information from children under the age of 16];
- Right to access data;
- Right to delete data;
- Right to be free from discrimination.
To exercise these rights, please either:
- You are entitled, at no cost to you, to have any concerns or complaints that have not been resolved to your satisfaction by BOQ to be reviewed by an independent professional third party administrator, the American Arbitration Association/International Centre for Dispute Resolution: http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.
- BOQ is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), BOQ has appointed the Voerman Group as its GDPR representative in the EU. You can contact the Voerman Group regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR at:
Voerman Group, attn René Postma (Voerman Group Quality Manager)
Wolga 12, 2491 BJ, The Hague, The Netherlands
+31 (0) 70 301 1337
We strive to maintain and improve security to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect personal information in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations. We use a variety of security measures to protect your personal information, including data encryption, ID and password protection, user type security, and menu security. All of these measures help secure your personal information from loss, interception or theft. We also maintain a robust firewall as a safeguard to control access to, and use of, your personal information. Please note that BOQ does not encrypt open email communications. As a result, if you choose to provide us with personal information by email, we cannot guarantee that such transmission will be optimally secure. Therefore, we recommend that you transmit personal information through our website where you will be afforded individual, controlled access, or communicate personal information by telephone directly to your Placement Counselor or Client Services Manager.
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites send to your computer, which are stored in files on your hard drive. A cookie stores information on your hard drive to make communication with a website more effective. We use session cookies within our site. These cookies consist primarily of text that facilitate user identification, data retrieval, data sorts and graphic images. These cookies expire automatically after every session.
You can set your browser to notify you when a cookie is received so that you can decide whether to accept or reject it. Notwithstanding, you should be aware that access to our website may be obstructed or impaired if a cookie is refused.
When you download materials from our site, you authorize us to send you the material you are requesting as well as other related educational material from time-to-time. We take pride in sharing important news, trends and thought leadership publications that benefit the workforce mobility community. Please be assured we’ll never sell your contact information to another company for marketing purposes, and we’ll make it easy to withdraw your consent at any time. As a key component of our company’s compliance with GDPR, we will always give you the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving new materials from us whenever you download a product.
Your decision to provide us with your personal information and to use our website is voluntary.